Squash and red lentil soup - vegan. This hearty butternut squash lentil soup is packed with nutrition and flavour and sure to become a Fall favourite. Enjoy for a healthy plant-based meal. This delicious, oil-free, vegan butternut squash lentil soup is rich in fiber and protein, whole food plant-based and easy to make with simple, everyday.
Add the tumeric-heavy curry powder, the mild zing of of. This butternut squash and red lentil curry works out perfectly for every meal. The spices are sauteed with onion and garlic, then just put the lentils and Cook and done. You close simmering percolate Squash and red lentil soup - vegan applying 14 procedure together with 7 and. Here you are manage.
process of Squash and red lentil soup - vegan
- Prepare 250 g of (about 1 cup filled to the top) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil to roast the squash in.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil to sauté the onion with.
- It's 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 cup of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It's of to sprinkle on top.
- You need of Za’atar.
- It's of Some ground cayenne or chilli flakes.
- You need of Some parsley leaves if you have some.
Serve as is garnished with some toasted nuts or with a side of fresh. A thick, warming vegan lentil soup made with just three ingredients plus stock and seasoning. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based frying pan. This soup is full of protein and even more flavors - lentils, squash and spices come together to create a fantastic and filling soup!
Squash and red lentil soup - vegan receipt
- Preheat oven to 200C. Put the squash in a bowl and mix with the oil. Put onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25mins - til the squash is tender..
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10-15mins til soft..
- Add the garlic and sauté for another couple of mins. Add the cumin and the cinnamon..
- Add the lentils and 500ml of the stock. Cover and simmer for 10mins..
- Add the squash, lemon juice and the rest of the stock. Season. Cover and simmer for another 10mins..
- This is one soup that does work better blended. So either put it in a blender or use a hand blender to make the soup smooth..
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of za’atar and the cayenne or chilli. Enjoy 😋.
This flavorful soup is a satisfying blend of lentils, squash and warming spices, a great hearty dish for cooler weather! Kabocha Squash and Red Lentil Soup [Vegan]. It's full of flavor from ginger, garlic, and spices, with a This Vegan Red Lentil Soup is easy to make, too! Most of the work is front-loaded, and then you're just letting things simmer until the lentils are soft. Red lentils are wonderful in many dishes, but not this soup.